Thursday, June 3, 2010

Video Thursday #1

Welcome to the first Video Thursday! Every week I'll have a few of my favorite videos to share with you. Once the podcast gets going I'll tie them in with the show's theme, but for now they are unrelated.

This first one is from one of my favorite online series, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. YGOTAS takes scenes from Yu-Gi-Oh and re-dubs them. All of the voices are done by one guy, who calls himself Little Kuriboh. Lately, he's been doing song parodies. Little Kuriboh + Lady Gaga = Hilarious! Seriously, the first time I saw this I could not stop laughing.



Next up, please be VERY CAREFUL before you try and quote the tongue twisters in this video. I wonder how many takes they needed. This is from one of my favorite shows of all time, "Pinky and the Brain."



And, finally, from one of my favorite guilty pleasures, a sneak peek at "Eclipse."



Twilight gets a lot of flak, for many reasons, not all of which are unjustified. I will be the first to admit that Bella and Edward have an unhealthy relationship. She totally should have ended up with Jacob. And sparkly vampires are a dumb idea, I'm sorry, and the movies don't even do the effect very well. All the same, I did find the books enjoyable. I think that Stephenie Meyer is very good at developing characters, but then has no idea what to do with them. It's a shame, really. It looks like they're going to play up Bree's story in "Eclipse" but anyone who's read the book--or seen the title of the new "novella" at Borders--knows how her story ends.

Tomorrow, I'll have a recommendation from Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment